»

Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Miyajima and Hiroshima

Jeff and I were planning from the beginning of our Japan trip to head down to Hiroshima and my Mom so kindly volunteered to watch Addyson for us so we ventured on down just the two of us and had a blast. This was our first night away from Addyson and so it was bitter sweet but we loved having the time for the two of us.
Rather than stopping in Hiroshima that first day we decided to ride the train a little longer and then took a ferry to the island of Miyajima and it has the famous Tori gate out in the water. It was beautiful. Jeff told me he was looking on the map and there was a peak that people hike to. On this map there were old people pictured so we thought hey a nice sceneic stroll right? WRONG it was a full on hike that kicked both our behinds but it was fun.

These buns were the tastiest little things I've ever had. They were filled with beef oh my goodness!!!! Beside the tasty part I thought they were so cool looking.









The tallest peak in the picture is the one we hiked to its called Misen Peak. HARD HIKE.

This is the Hiroshima peace park. This is the memorial for all the people who were killed. Hiroshima was an interesting place to visit. I feel that the Japanese don't fully understand what went on but it was a neat place to see. The building in the picture is an original building they have to tried to keep it looking the same as it did after the bomb went off.




Addyson and my Mom had fun while we were gone. Addy loved when my Mom played the piano.

2 comments:

Daryl and Ashley said...

How fun Heather! It is always good to get some alone time, but it is bitter sweet! I am sure that Grandma Leeann had a fun time with just her and Addyson!

Lyndsey said...

Oh my gosh Heather, the picture of you with the rock is cracking me up. I laughed out loud when I saw that.